Ah, Thanksgiving – a time to gather, express gratitude, and savor delicious feasts. But what’s a festive meal without a fitting drink to raise a toast with? This Thanksgiving, why not mix up the tradition with some spirited concoctions?
Whether you're a fan of whiskey, rum, vodka, or wine, there's a festive drink in this list that'll complement your turkey and pies perfectly. Let's dive in!
Cranberry Cider Punch
Perfect for: Those who love the quintessential flavors of fall.
- 4 cups apple cider
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 cup ginger ale
- Apple slices and fresh cranberries for garnish
- In a large punch bowl, mix apple cider, cranberry juice, and vodka.
- Just before serving, add ginger ale and stir gently.
- Garnish with apple slices and fresh cranberries.
Pumpkin Pie Martini
Perfect for: The pumpkin spice enthusiast.
- 2 oz. pumpkin pie vodka
- 1 oz. dark rum
- 1/2 oz. half & half
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin puree
- A pinch of ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- Graham cracker crumbs (for rim)
- Wet the rim of your martini glass and dip into graham cracker crumbs.
- In a shaker filled with ice, mix vodka, rum, half & half, and pumpkin puree.
- Shake well and strain into your martini glass.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon and nutmeg.
Spiced Pear Bourbon
Perfect for: The sophisticated sipper.
- 2 oz. bourbon
- 1 oz. pear nectar
- 1/2 oz. lemon juice
- 1/2 oz. simple syrup
- A dash of ground cinnamon and cloves
- In a shaker filled with ice, mix all ingredients.
- Shake well and strain into a rocks glass over ice.
- Garnish with a pear slice and a cinnamon stick.
Maple Pecan Old Fashioned
Perfect for: The classic cocktail lover with a sweet tooth.
- 2 oz. whiskey
- 1/2 oz. maple syrup
- 3 dashes of bitters
- Pecan (for garnish)
- In a mixing glass, combine whiskey, maple syrup, and bitters.
- Stir well and strain into a rocks glass over ice.
- Garnish with a pecan.
Harvest Wine Spritzer
Perfect for: The wine aficionados.
- 4 oz. red wine (preferably Pinot Noir or Merlot)
- 2 oz. club soda
- 1 oz. orange liqueur
- Fresh berries and orange slices
- Fill a wine glass halfway with ice.
- Add wine and orange liqueur.
- Top off with club soda and give it a gentle stir.
- Garnish with fresh berries and an orange slice.
So, as you set your Thanksgiving table this year, remember to add a dash of festive cheer with these delightful drinks. Here's to a heartwarming and tipsy Thanksgiving! Cheers!
Please drink responsibly and never drink and drive.