Chicken Scallopini is a classic Italian dish made with thinly sliced chicken breast that is lightly breaded and sautéed. It's a quick and easy dish that is perfect for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion. Here's a recipe for Chicken Scallopini that you can try on your next RV date night.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Place chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound to an even thickness of 1/4 inch.
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper.
- In a separate shallow dish, beat eggs.
- In another shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Dip chicken in flour mixture, then in eggs, and then in breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and sauté for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through (165 F.)
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add white wine, chicken broth, lemon juice, and garlic. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Stir in butter and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
- Return chicken to skillet and spoon sauce over it.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired, and serve hot.
Serve this delicious chicken scallopini with a side of pasta or a salad for a complete meal.